Monday, February 11, 2008

The Art of Chinese Cuisine

I know I am supposed to be learning to cook and showing you how to do what I do. But! Sometimes I get lazy...ok alot of times I get lazy! The way I look at it, I cooked breakfast yesterday so today I get a break! I decided to meet a girlfriend of mine at this wonderful chinese restaraunt named Chinez. (Sorry they dont have a proper website but their food is magnificent!) You can pronounce it however you like but I prefer...Sheeenezzzz. It's not French! My exquisite french taste likes to tell me otherwise. Anyhow, I entered this wonderful establishment with a sense of awe. The reason I was so amazed was because not only were they able to create a wonderful ambience but they were able to capture my nose with the most intoxicating scents. I mean, there was sweet and sour chicken, mandarin chicken, fried rice, egg flower soup, chili sauce( a must have at any chinese food establishment) and ofcourse WINE!

So after I had taken in the sheer joy of this place, I sat down and gawked at the menu. First, I decided I must order a glass of their finest wine...well since they were a chinese restaraunt they only had like 4 choices...I chose the merlot. Can't go wrong with the merlot, right? After we ordered our tantalizing wine, we were craving some CREAM Cheese wontons. Now, before you knock it, you have to try it. These wontons LITERALLY melt in your mouth (not in your hand). They are both crunch and soft and filled with sumptuous flavor. Next, we ordered some Chinez fried rice. Let me explain to you exactly what this entails. Chinez fried rice is a concotion of the following: beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, rice, green onions, and a little bit of spice. This might seem like any old fried rice, but wait! It is the best fried rice that you have ever tasted in your life! This is a rice to be reckoned with and I am not kidding! It is spicy, flavorful, full of meat and just plain good. So after we munched on this fabulous dish we became extremely full so in any case decided to take a pause and let our belts loose. Next time, we will visit the world of mandarin beef. I have tried this delicacy...and it was absolutely heavenly...here is a sneak peak if you dare.. and I promise that I shall try to create these unbelievable meals on my own...soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new site setup...it's really good...I love the food ideas...keep up the good work can't wait to see more posts...

Anonymous said...

I love Chinese food, but how do you feel about Pho?